Thursday, September 1, 2011

I thought that fashion was the one thing I was truly passionate about. I regularly describe fashion as something I live sleep, eat and breathe. I always find myself saying I am going to make it in Fashion. I would often say if I never make it in fashion I would just be settling for second best in life. Placing "fashion" on this huge pedal stool. When in all actuality Fashion is just merely a noun defined as a popular trend. I have turned my thought process around and I have realized It's not fashion that consumes me with overwhelming joy. That drives me and pushes me to be a better stylist and a better business woman. It's not the reason I get up every morning and select clothes that reflect my perception of style. I mean quite frankly "fashion" is a term that has been used and abused (along with fabulous and fierce). I have come to the conclusion and understanding that the heart of my drive is simply the freedom to be creatively expressive.