Monday, February 1, 2010

OXYMORON

I call myself an oymoron because i am absolutely the richest-poorest woman in the world of fashion. I have a pair of fendi flats that i love to pair with my favorite two dollar thrift store dress. I own shoes  that cost the same amount as my rent. I have a purse that is probably worth more than my 2002 Ford Focus. I desperately need prescribed glasses but instead i opt for a brand new pair of Dior sunglasses. I have a pair of  satin Louboutin pumps that look like they belong on a red carpet and i wear them to the grocery store. I saved up every penny i head for a pair of Jimmy Choo's that were like five seasons old and were marked down 60%.  In my closet you will most definitly find a pair of Joe's jeans or William Rast just chilling next to a pair of LEI that i may have found at wal-mart. I guess what i am trying to say is that although i may have a taste for the finer things in life its my lack of financial resources that turns me into a oxymoron. And by oxymoron i think i really mean undefinable. When you can find fashion in the thrift store the same way you can find it on Rodeo Drive thats how you know your love affair with fashion is the real deal. Or maybe thats just my thoughts because i am the poorest-richest fashionista around...