Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cross-Roads

I realized this weekend that my life and my style are having the same troubles and concern. My style and I are at crossroad in life. We are stuck between where we are and where we want to be. And the best way i can describe how i am feeling in life is through the metophoric language of fashion.....In my life i have come a long way from where i began. I was once a follower that wore a pair of Tommy Hilfiger overalls in the late 90's. And i even strolled the hallways in a pair of Doc Martins. I over indulged in plastic jewlry and i thought i was cool to wear two watches. I was once excited about a pair of imitation white Manolo Blahnik timberland boots that i got on sale for 12.99 in the mall. But those pitful days are long behind me. I have grown and accomplished so much since those tragic days. I now know why apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur are a terrible idea and why polyester should be outlawed. I know a pair of well fit jeans will give the flattest buttocks a booty. I also know the best kept secret is no matter how much money you spend on shoes your feet will still be in unbearable pain.  I have gone on to aquired more than most. I have been given the luxury to wear Chanel and Dolce. And worn every jean from Levis to William Rast. My point is that in my 24 years on this earth the word growth is an understatement. BUT HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.....With all this knowledge i know the potential of fabulous-ness i have and where i should be. But the problem is where i should be is not where i at. I feel as if i am last season Christian Dior in a room full of next seasons Prada. I want to be roaming the streets in Diane Von furstenberg but i can only afford to read about her in Vogue. I know time is the essence and patience is a virtue. But i cant help but feel like i was once a  cheap XOXO bag that has progressed to becomen a classic leather Cole Haan bag but now i am longing to be a Hermes Birkin bag. But dont get me wrong i am not complaining i am just merely anxiously awaiting my future. but i guess in the mean time i will remain stuck in the in between.....

I repeat this is all a metaphor about life..i am not that materialistic!