Friday, April 2, 2010

Thanks to Her...

The first person to open the world of fashion to me was her. She was the one who showed me the difference between quality and a hot mess. She was the one who showed me the importance of accessories. And when i wanted to look like everyone else she showed me the importance of individuality. She bought me my first pair of pointed toe boots at a time when people only knew about square toe. Teachers and students would stop in the hallway and ask me "how does your toes fit in the pointed part of the shoe". She bought me my first gucci purse. She took me to my first vintage store. She showed me the difference between trendy pieces and classic pieces. She introduced me to Niemans, Saks and TJ Maxx. She told me about the classic suits of Chanel and the wonders of Jimmy Choo. She told me all there is to know about this crazy world of fashion. She was my own personal Vogue Magazine.She helped me find my own voice in fashion. And she help me mold my own personal, super fabulous style. She pushed me towards my dream of fashion. She told me to run towards it at full speed and to never look back. She is my fashion icon and my everything. She is my Mommy!