Monday, July 5, 2010

why BARBIE why????

The word BARBIE seems to hunt me everywhere i go. And as each day goes by it becomes more and more cliche to me. And i feel so misunderstood by using this word. But then i realized that its because people don't know the reason i chose the name BARBIE to follow my name. Its not because i think i am a perfect little doll or that i feel like barbie represents me. It all started with a slogan that i came up with on accident. "LET BARBIE DRESS YOU FOR A CHANGE"...and if you own one of my business cards this is what you will find on the front with my info on the back. But the idea being that you are no longer barbie's slave and have to micro-manage her every move. Cause lets face it...barbie cant even move on her own. But instead she (being me) can dress you and find your personal style for yourself.So in some weird way its like giving the finger not to matel (the barbie company) but the image that it represents. And most importantly finally give that piece of plastic a job.So for the record i am not trying to live as a doll, i am not trying to be Niki Manj and i dont think i am white (the sun reminds me every day of my black-ness)..but anywho thats all i wanted to say....peace out (yes curtis i said peace out)